Short pithy gems from Martin Luther!
- Prayer is climbing up into the heart of God!
- God does not need your good works–but your neighbor does!
- I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands–that I still possess.
- Many have passed for saints on earth–whose souls are now in hell.
- The most damnable and pernicious* heresy that has ever plagued the mind of man, was the idea that somehow he could make himself good enough to deserve to live with an all-holy God!
- When Satan tells me I am a sinner–he comforts me immeasurably, since Christ died for sinners.
*having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way