- Blessed are those who live like pilgrims and strangers in this life–their best things are all to come!
- The surest mark of true conversion, is humility.
- When I speak of a man growing in grace, I mean simply that his sense of sin is becoming deeper, his faith is becoming stronger, his hope is becoming brighter, his love is becoming more extensive, and his spiritual-mindedness is becoming more marked.
- The Christian who keeps his heart diligently in little things–shall be kept from great falls.
- Fathers and mothers–do not forget that children learn more by the eye than they do by the ear. Imitation is a far stronger principle with children, than memory. What they see has a much stronger effect on their minds–than what they are told.
- Let us read the Bible reverently and diligently–with an honest determination to believe and practice all that we find in it.
- Every fresh act of sin lessens fear and remorse, hardens our hearts, blunts the edge of our conscience, and increases our evil inclination!
- We may love money without having it–just as we may have money without loving it.