- Nothing so hardens the heart of man–as a barren familiarity with sacred things.
- Love should be the silver thread that runs through all your conduct!
- Sicknesses, losses, crosses, anxieties and disappointments–are absolutely needful to keep us humble, watchful and spiritually-minded. They are as needful as the pruningknife to the vine and the refiner’s furnace to the gold.
- Surely it is better to enter into eternal life with a few–than to go to Hell with a great company!
- Doctrine is useless–if it is not accompanied by a holy life! It is worse than useless–it does positive harm. Something of ‘the image of Christ’ must be seen and observed by others in our private life, and habits, and character, and doings!
- The love of Christ towards His people–is a deep well which has no bottom!