More Pithy Gems from J. C. Ryle
- Pride is the oldest and most common of sins. Humility is the rarest and most beautiful of graces.
- Lookto the cross, think of the cross, meditate on the cross–and then go and set your affections on the world if you can!
- A crucified Savior will never be content to have a self-pleasing, self-indulging, worldly-minded people!
- The Gospel was not meant merely to reside in our intellect, memories, and tongues–but to be seen in our lives.
- Happiness and contentment do not depend on outward circumstances–but on the state of the heart.
- Healthis a good thing; but sickness is far better–if it leads us to God.