More pithy gems from J.C. Ryle
- The standard of the world, and the standard of the Lord Jesus–are indeed widely different. They are more than different–they are flatly contradictory one to the other. Never be satisfied with the world’s standard of Christianity!
- Hell is truth known too late!
- That Bible is readbest, which is practiced most!
- God’s eternal election is the first link in that chain of a sinner’s salvation, of which heavenly glory is the end!
- A tree may always be known by its fruit. Just so, a true Christian may always be discovered by their habits, tastes and affections.