Morning Worship: April 18, 2021
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.” Psalm 122:1
Silent Prayer of Preparation
God’s Greeting of Grace, Mercy and Peace
Call to Worship: Psalm 96:7-9
7 Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
Give to the Lord glory and strength.
8 Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
9 Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Adoration: RT 457 Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Confession of Sin: Luke 18:9-14 (in unison)
9 Also (Jesus) spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Silent Prayer & Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 130:7-8
Confession of Faith: Westminster Shorter Catechism
- 29. How are we made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ? A. We are made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ by the effectual application of it to us by His Holy Spirit.
- 30. How does the Spirit apply to us the redemption purchased by Christ? A. The Spirit applies to us the redemption purchased by Christ by working faith in us, and thereby uniting us to Christ in our effectual calling.
- 31. What is effectual calling? A. Effectual calling is the work of God’s Spirit, whereby, convincing us of our sin and misery, enlightening our minds in the knowledge of Christ, and renewing our wills, He does persuade and enable us to embrace Jesus Christ, freely offered to us in the gospel.
Hymn of Praise: Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone
RT 437 O God, to Us Show Mercy
Prayer of Supplication: (insert)
Old Testament Reading: Psalm 72:1-14
New Testament Reading: Revelation 20
Prayer for Illumination
Sermon: The Millennium Pastor L
Theme: The dragon is bound for a thousand years by the work and power of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Binding of Satan, vv. 1-3
Rev. 11:15, 18; Acts 14:16; Gen. 3:15; Psa. 2:7-8; 72; Luke 10:18-20; Matt. 12:28-30; Matt. 4:10; 28:18; Col. 2:13-15.
- The Reigning of Christ, vv. 4-6
Acts 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:21-23; John 14:3.
Prayer of Application
Hymn of Commitment: RT 439 Christ Shall Have Dominion
Prayer for Tithes and Offerings
Doxology: RT 731
Benediction: Romans 15:13, 33